Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How to save a wife?

As i mentioned in the previous of this little snippet. I am a man. As a man you should
know something about me. I like food and Women. Hence my fascination with
Watermelon in the last few paragraphs.
The next few paragraphs...
Women
Well one in particular
Wife.
But, to me, finding a wife has to start with finding myself. I am not suggesting a pilgrimage
r to Mecca or a trip into the forest with my 'spirit guide.' I'm talking about growing up.
Becoming the man Christ created me to be and the man he placed in the heart of my wife.
Integrity
Honesty
Purity
Christ -likeness
In no particular order.
This is how i plan to find my wife.
See, i know she is looking for me too. But lately i have been hiding. Hiding in the disguise
of a boy. A father once made a puzzle out of a magazine for his son. It was a globe, the
world on a page of magazine.The father cut it out and handed it to his son with the
intention of keeping him occupied and teaching him some valuable pre- school geography.
Within minutes the son returned to his father again.
!
"it was too easy daddy, the world was all done when i got the man right."
The son beamed at his father holding a taped up picture of David Beckham.There are epic
truths in the words of this boy.
I have spent so much of my life trying to fix the world around me without having a go at
myself first.
So i focus on getting myself right.
Not perfect
But refined.
Sharpened at the edges
~ Christlike, for myself, and for my wife
My wife isn't looking for a man, in boys clothing. She is looking for a man, a protector, a
knight in shinning armour and all that. One day she will pick me up
Yes, pick me up
Let me explain. It would be foolish of me to believe that i will pick my wife. I would be
fooling myself. So i get ready.
One day my wife will see me. The real me and she will realise, ' I want him to be my
husband, and i will chase him till he's mine,' Don't get me wrong i will still have to fight for
her and cherish her and let her know I'm keen.
But what my wife doesn't know yet, is I'm here already, Waiting, Becoming the man God
wants me to be, The man he has placed in the heart of one women in particular. I like the sound of that, and when i meet her i will give her a watermelon.

No comments: